We are careful with your personal information.
We respect both your privacy and your right to control your personal information. Our principal approaches to your personal information are straightforward: we’ll be clear about the data we collect from you, how we use it and why; your personal information is protected and safe with us; and we’ll never sell your personal information to third parties.
• Our lawful bases for collecting and processing your personal information.
• The types of information we collect.
• What information do we collect about you?
• How will we use the information we collect about you?
• How will we use the information we collect about you?
• Marketing and your personal information.
• Your rights and choices.
• Our use of website cookies and other similar technologies.
• Other websites.
Our lawful bases for collecting and processing your personal information
We’re committed to processing your data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We have three lawful bases for collecting and processing your personal data:
1. Your consent:
2. Where we have been given prior consent by you, we will process your personal data to enable us to set cookies and other similar technologies on our website and to allow us to send you ongoing, general and personalised marketing communications.
3. Performance of a contract:
4. When you make a purchase from us, a contract is formed between you and EBR and it therefore becomes necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver your order and meet our contractual obligations to you. If you can’t or don’t want to give us all the information we need to do this, you may not be able to purchase, or get the full intended use from, our products or services.
5. Legitimate interest:
6. When you make an enquiry or buy a product or service from us, we’ll use the personal data we collect about you to pursue the legitimate interests of our business. For example, we might use your information to contact you about your enquiry, to help us improve our products and services; to provide and improve our service and user experience; to tell you about other products and services that we reasonably and genuinely believe will be of interest to you or that could improve or supplement your experience of an existing purchase; and for security, loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
The types of personal information we collect:
We collect information that you voluntarily provide when you purchase a product or service from us, or when you contact us with a question, a request or for a quote.
We may automatically collect information about you by using cookies and similar technologies on our website. For example, we may collect information about the type of device you use to access our website, the operating system you’re using, general geographic location as indicated by your IP address, which pages you look at and the content you interact with and download. We collect this information to help with strategic development, to audit how our site is used.
Information from other sources:
We may receive information about you from other sources. We may also receive information about you from the social media platforms you use, particularly if you interact with us on them. We collect this information to help with strategic development of our business, to find new customers for our business, to help with our marketing and to audit how our sites and products are used.
Personal information of children:
We don’t aim to market our products or site to children. If we discover from a parental figure, or through discovery by some other means, that a child under the age of 16 has been improperly used or registered on our site, we’ll delete any un-required information about them from our records and close any account if requested.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect and process information about you when you use our website, register at our website, make a purchase from us, interact with us on our social media and contact us. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete surveys, provide feedback and/or participate in competitions. We collect a variety of information which includes, but isn’t necessarily limited to, your:
• Email address
• IP address
• Social identities
• Geographic location
• Postal address
• Phone number
• Contact preferences
• Payment information
How will we use your personal information?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account, respond to your requests and enquiries and, with your prior agreement, to contact you about products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we collect for the purposes of loss prevention, anti-fraud and to verify your identity and assist with identification.
We may use technologies, such as cookies and pixels, to customise website content and advertising, to personalise return visits to our website, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to our site. We also share non-personal information about your use of our site with our trusted social media and analytics partners.
We will use your information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve our existing products, develop new products and to improve our communications.
We may collect data in a form that doesn’t, on its own, allow direct association with you as an individual. We will collect, use, transfer and disclose this non-personal information for any purpose. If we combine this non-personal information with personal information the resulting combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We commit to keeping your personal information safe and secure and for no longer than is necessary. The exact amount of time that we’ll keep your information will differ depending on the nature of our relationship with you, but we won’t retain more information about you than is necessary to meet our legal obligations and/or pursue our commercial and business interests. We’ll regularly review the need to keep your information and will delete it if appropriate.
We will keep your personal information to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, to provide you with the products or services you have either purchased or requested from us, to keep you informed, to effectively handle customer enquiries and complaints and to defend any future legal claims.
If you ask us to stop processing your personal information, it may be necessary for us to retain some information about you for the reasons explained above.
Marketing and your personal information
We would like to send you news, information and offers about our company, products and services which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receiving direct marketing communications from Elemental Retreats, you can opt-out by following the instructions included in every email sent to you, or by contacting us.
We respect your choices, and whilst we will stop sending you direct marketing once an opt-out request has been processed, it may take a few days for this to take effect.
Please note, regardless of your communication preferences, we will continue to communicate with you about changes to terms and conditions, policy updates, software updates, routine customer service messages such as information about current or past purchases, delivery of products, service interruptions, data breaches or other significant information about a product you own, such as discontinuation of support, errors or safety issues.
You have the right to withdraw your consent and stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us.
Your individual rights and choices
We want you to be in control of how we use the data we hold about you and you can do this in the following ways:
• You can request a copy of the information we hold about you by emailing or writing to us. We may charge a fee for unfounded, excessive or repeated applications and for further copies of information already provided.
• You can inform us of any changes to your personal information or ask us to rectify or remove any information you think is inaccurate by emailing or writing to us. We may charge a fee or refuse any request we deem unfounded, excessive or repeated.
• In certain circumstances you can ask us to completely erase, block or restrict the personal information we hold about you or object to how we’re using your personal information.
Where we use your personal information on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent and stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time by emailing or writing to us. Moreover, where we process your personal information based on legitimate interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal information by emailing or writing to us.
We rely on you to keep your personal information complete, up to date and accurate. Please inform us promptly if you think the information we hold about you is wrong by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t believe we’re helping you to uphold your rights or acting appropriately on your reasonable requests, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body in the UK. You can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office here.
Use of website cookies and other similar technologies
We may use third-party pixels (such as those from Google, Facebook and other networks) to collect and process your information and share the information with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners in order to provide marketing and advertising that is relevant to your interest. In such cases, use of your personal data will be controlled by the policies of the relevant social media partners.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, be alerted to when a cookie is offered and remove cookies from your browser using the settings on your device or browser. However, in some cases restricting or disabling cookies may mean some of our website features won’t function.
For further information about cookies and how to restrict or disable them on your browser, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
How to contact us
• By email at email@example.com